Thursdays are a busy old day for me, and today I am in back to back meetings from 9am - 530pm so i'm going to be a little quiet. I've got into a bit of a habit on a Thursday of mixing my blog posts up a little, the one day of the week where I haven't shared an outfit post and instead verged more to beauty or 'life' stuff. Today is much the same way, but I've added a little something extra to get you ready for the weekend too, after all Thursday night is the start ;)
So here's a little Instagram round up of things I've been up to over the last week or so. I've mentored a couple of times on my blog, and you also may have seen on twitter too that I've had a party fuelled week and weekend catching up with friends in London. Going through the pictures left to right:
1. Moroccan Oil: I had my hair coloured this weekend on Sunday (not fun on a hangover i should add), but I finally took the leap in a slightly still drunken state to invest in some morrocan oil. I've had bleached blonde hair for over 7 years now, and If I don't keep it moisturised it can get very dry. Moroccan oil is so well reviewed that I thought I should absolutely give it a go. I'll do a review soon on this.
2. Lavish Alice Trousers: You may have seen my blog post on this earlier in the week. I absolutely love print pants these days, it's been a revolutionary experience. You can see the full post featuring this outfit here.
3. Kleenex Beauty Range: I've very kindly been given a great selection of these products to try out. It's a new range especially focussed into helping us girls make our beauty regime that bit simpler. I'm also going to review these shortly, but to summarise the selection I have eye make up remover wipes, sensitive face wipes, shine remover wipes, and large & soft cotton pads :)
4.Bloody Mary: The only think that can kick start me back to human life after a heavy night out. A hater to many, but for me, this absolute diamond of a drink is a life saver. I drank a lot of these this weekend.
5. Blog Buttons: I made some new blog buttons this week. Spurred on by the creation of my new Facebook page (here), I needed another badge and decided i'd spice them up a little. I hope you like them. I finally mastered photoshop to create this, quite the achievement
6. La Bodega Negra: I've been banging on on twitter about this restaurant for a while, i've been twice in the last 2 weeks and taking friends there Thursday too. This place offers the most amazing mexican street food and some heavy tequila (quite a selection for that matter). The food is incredible and the vibe in the cafe is so cool. I've not yet made it to the restaurant (this is separate and looks like a peep show as you walk in - Prince Harry was spotted there on Friday), but it's VERY high on my to do list. I thoroughly recommend visiting if you're in London (check it out here).
7. Floral Dress: Gifted by the wonderful Krisp Clothing, this dress has been my go to outfit this last week. With sunshine in the morning and rain in the evening, this dress makes the perfect balanced look. It also racks in tons of compliments. I've featured in two outfit posts here & here too.
8. Christmas Pudding: Cravings hit me hard last week and this was the ONLY sweet food in the cupboard, naturally I cooked it and proceeded to eat the entire pudding with my dad. Only to after realise it was 3000 calories. Quite the accomplishment eh.
9. Friends: Saturday night we went to Bunga Bunga in Clapham, this was a quick snap of my lovely friends before we hit the club. Bunga Bunga has a great atmosphere, but I recommend putting your name on the guest list or booking a table before going as it get's quite busy and you can end up waiting a long time to get in.
10. Asparagus: On Friday last week, I was invited to Hearst Magazines Christmas in July. To celebrate the planning of Christmas editions of all the mags, Hearst throw a Christmas in July party included full on Christmas dinner, buckets full of wine and copious amounts of cocktails. Needless to say it was a heavy, but fun night.
11. Lavish Alice Bra let: I'm yet to feature this on my blog but I have some ideas of how I'm going to wear it. Think AA disco pants for the dressy evening look versus high waist shorts for summer day look. I'm hoping to try both & feature them on my blog soon :)
12. Denim Shirt: Last but not least, I got sent a really cute sleeveless denim top from Glamorous this week. I wore it the first day I got it teamed with my topshop print trousers. This outfit post will be going live tomorrow so make sure you keep a look at.
Wow, if you're still reading, bravo to you, up next is the little twist: MOSCOW MULE RECIPE
As mentioned, probably 60 billion times now, I went out a LOT this weekend. And this meant drinking lots and drinking lots on a hangover. Never an easy feat. So to help things along my friends and I decided we'd cook up something special to get us in the mood for a drink. Introducing the Moscow Mule.
I am an absolutely HUGE cocktail fan, I love the flavours and amazing concoctions mixologists come up with, I also find them super tasty and enjoyable to drink. I'm not sure I could pin down a favourite but I do love Espresso Martini's (and French), Mojitos (especially vanilla), Margarita's and of course anything with a Champagne mix.
I don't often have Moscow Mules, but given the extreme ease of making, and getting the ingredients for this drink, it was our tipple of choice for Saturday night. See above for my little recipe :)
Oh and one final little note, I have made my blog a little Facebook page. So if you're a reader and want to like and read my blog on Facebook then you can do so right HERE.
Well I hope you like today's post? Different for sure, but a nice little insight into what I've been doing. I have an outfit post lined up for you all tomorrow, so don't fear if your not keen on this :) Ps: I welcome your feedback!